We want BackLine to continue to be an authentic and safe place for inspiration and expression. Help us foster this community. Follow the law. Respect everyone on BackLine, don’t spam people or post nudity.
- We don’t allow nudity on BackLine.
People like to share photos or videos of their children. For safety reasons, there are times when we may remove images that show nude or partially-nude children. Even when this content is shared with good intentions, it could be used by others in unanticipated ways.
- Follow the law.
BackLine is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups. Offering sexual services, buying or selling firearms and illegal or prescription drugs (even if it’s legal in your region) is also not allowed. Remember to always follow the law when offering to sell or buy other regulated goods.
We have zero tolerance when it comes to sharing sexual content involving minors or threatening to post intimate images of others.
- We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages. We do generally allow stronger conversation around people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience due to their profession or chosen activities.
It's never OK to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases. When hate speech is being shared to challenge it or to raise awareness, we may allow it. In those instances, we ask that you express your intent clearly.
Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety aren't allowed. This includes specific threats of physical harm as well as threats of theft, vandalism, and other financial harm. We carefully review reports of threats and consider many things when determining whether a threat is credible.
- Be thoughtful when posting newsworthy graphic material.
We understand that many people use BackLine to share important and newsworthy events. Some of these issues can involve graphic images. Because so many different people and age groups use BackLine, we may remove videos of intense, graphic violence to make sure BackLine stays appropriate for everyone.
We understand that people often share this kind of content to condemn, raise awareness or educate. If you do share content for these reasons, we encourage you to caption your photo with a warning about graphic violence. Sharing graphic images for sadistic pleasure or to glorify violence is never allowed.
Help us keep the community strong:
- Each of us is an important part of the BackLine community. If you see something that you think may violate our guidelines, please help us by emailing [email protected].
- We may work with law enforcement, including when we believe that there’s risk of physical harm or threat to public safety.